Where am I now? It’s kind of nice my life journey is being recorded and the lessons I am learning so I don’t forget them. This was never the intention, this was going to be cool as blog. The second, the much cooler blog from the other one I started with reviews. Instead, its turned to this, but I quite like finding this again every few months or years.
So I quit my job, but it’s a few years since and I went freelance, and now I am trying to start a business. I want to be a business owner. Why you ask? Where did this come from? Here are all my reasons, as honest as the sun that promises to come up every day (does that even make sense)?
- I wanted to create something
- I caught the bug, yes there is a bug where you want to be a founder, you want to build something to be proud of
- I want a family and kids. I want my own but I would love to adopt and foster. Naturally, I’m good with children but I think that stems from the fact I happy to entertain their questions. I don’t treat kids like kids, I talk to them like I would to a lot of people. But anyways, I feel as I am good with kids, and in my life path I have met children from some really sad circumstances, that is a bit of a calling.
- Flexibility for the above
- Money, more like freedom. I am not driven by designer brands or wealthy status, but comfort would be nice and ability to do something
- No. That’s not correct. Achieving something… yes that is closer
Anyways I have been on this journey for almost a year now, and I need to speed it up and do better
My new issues are:
- Time management
- Not feeling lonely
- Having money
But am I glad I quit? Hell Yes. Best decision. I have changed so much – I actually feel like I am changing every day. It’s great but at the same time I have no idea who I am anymore, I can’t keep up. It is exhausting.
I went from afraid to fail to live that feeling every day – I have normalised the feeling of being afraid to fail. I am kind of proud of myself. I think this helped.
And if it goes wrong. Well, it’s fine, I have me, we will work on something else. The trick is, I can’t lose my identity in this, and sometimes it feels like it is slipping. The penalty would be too high. So note to self: Keep ‘you’ separate. I don’t know how to do that.
Thanks for reading- the 3 random people who came on here accidently. Have a sweet day!